Crunch™

Major Update 28-05-2017!

106 posts in this topic

Today we did a major update! The announcement and changes can be viewed here. Please report any bugs or information in this topic!

I get a buy suicide vest option on a dead body.

Posted (edited)

Will you still be able to craft Advanced Vehicle Bombs, since the car bomb will be sold in trader?

Edited by Sam Serum

2 minutes ago, Sam Serum said:

Will you still be able to craft Advanced Vehicle Bombs, after you add car bomb?

Please explain a bit more. I dont understand your question.

Just now, Crunch™ said:

Please explain a bit more. I dont understand your question.

I refraised it in edit above. It was possible to craft Advanced Vehicle Bomb, will the car bomb be basicly the same as that?

EXO_Items_CarBomb (can be purchased at the Spec Ops Trader) <-

Posted (edited)

Sweet update!!

The current state of basebuilding and keeping the flag secure has been to put safes all around the one side of the flag and then build doors on the other. At the moment i think around 20 safes are around my flag, most bases you stumble upon use this method. I am assuming you will want us to remove these (considering most people have a safe room on top of that and dont use the safes around the flag at all). There are still numerous ways to secure the flag but would be happy to get a quick answer to this.

Or the fact that all safes are empty maybe changes things? Please lemme know :) 

Edited by Ncie Gyu

15 minutes ago, Winchester said:

I get a buy suicide vest option on a dead body.

I found the issue, for the future AI I used a classname, but Exile_Unit_Player inherits the class from the Civillian class I chose. Fixed it and tested it on the Dev server now. Fix will be in after the restart! Thanks for reporting.

8 minutes ago, Sam Serum said:

I refraised it in edit above. It was possible to craft Advanced Vehicle Bomb, will the car bomb be basicly the same as that?

EXO_Items_CarBomb (can be purchased at the Spec Ops Trader) <-

Yes the Car Bomb is the same thing but just in one item to make it easier. But you can still craft the Car Bomb through a recipe!

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Ncie Gyu said:

Sweet update!!

The current state of basebuilding and keeping the flag secure has been to put safes all around the one side of the flag and then build doors on the other. At the moment i think around 20 safes are around my flag, most bases you stumble upon use this method. I am assuming you will want us to remove these (considering most people have a safe room on top of that and dont use the safes around the flag at all). There are still numerous ways to secure the flag but would be happy to get a quick answer to this.

Or the fact that all safes are empty maybe changes things? Please lemme know :) 

The thing is that safes are simulated items and we have over 1200 on the server. So that costs us performance. We just wanted to make sure we get rid off this problem before we run into real big performance issues.

People where talking about making Ammunition missions on here a while ago, the mission would drop a crate with ammo for guns and armed vehicles. Any chance this could be done?

Posted (edited)

Possibly a bug. Never had this before. My teammates are able to see my 3D mark, but me myself am not.

Edited by Sam Serum

1 minute ago, Sam Serum said:

Possibly a bug. Never had this before. My teammates are able to see my 3D mark but not myself

I had that before. It came with the latest exile update.  I relogged and it fixed it Sam 

@Crunch™ i like the changes. Just to be clear 

If we had a level 5 base with say 148 out of 150 parts and 50 safes and we tried to add or move a wall it would say limit reached from this point onwards ?

9 minutes ago, Jimlad said:

@Crunch™ i like the changes. Just to be clear 

If we had a level 5 base with say 148 out of 150 parts and 50 safes and we tried to add or move a wall it would say limit reached from this point onwards ?

Yes, flag 1 and it does count from 0.

Ok so safes are now classed fully as a base part. What about other items that did not used to be classed as a part such as heli creates and tents ?

1 minute ago, Jimlad said:

Ok so safes are now classed fully as a base part. What about other items that did not used to be classed as a part such as heli creates and tents ?

Safes are not counted as a base part we put a limit on the class name!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jimlad said:

I had that before. It came with the latest exile update.  I relogged and it fixed it Sam 

yeah. It fixed itself

Damn I knew you guys were working hard but this is one hell of a update!

This is taking the EXO mod to the next level.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Mortico said:

People where talking about making Ammunition missions on here a while ago, the mission would drop a crate with ammo for guns and armed vehicles. Any chance this could be done?

Unfortunately we can't do this at the moment :(

On spawn points:

I propose that bambi status is instantly removed if a player choses to respawn in a terretory. 

On safe limitation:

It is also still a bit confusing to me how you are planning to handle existing terretories that have more than 10 safes. On one hand I feel its wrong to retrospectively "punish" players who have grinded to obtain a lot of safes by making them remove them. On the other hand it is unfair for new players to be restricted to 10 safes when a lot of players have a lot more.  

Alternative solution could be to restrict safe placement to be in a terretory as you already have, and limit the number of safes to around the amount that the terretory currently with most safes in it has? Not sure how the math would look in terms of how many safes the server potentially could have if this was implemented, but I think it's worth exploring.

1 person likes this