4nd2

Low Pop.

81 posts in this topic

i havnt played since 1 week now. Server stays below 7players and aslong there're not at least 10 on i won't connect. You guys need to promote the server with one of those cool youtuber guys.  do it! need noobs to kill. Or is it already to late for exile in general?

1 person likes this

"aslong there're not at least 10 on i won't connect."

If everyone has that same attitude, guess what's gonna happen?

Haha seriously though, I don't really understand that sentiment. If there's nobody on, then log in, run train on missions, stack dem caps, build a base, etc. until there's players again. Then when people are on, you'll be ready to go.

Am I crazy?

1 person likes this

I agree with chipmunk, "If everynoe has that same attitude, guess what's gonna happen?"

I guess the reason for not logging on is that there's less PVP? But, even with 5-9 players, I have had no problem getting into fights. All the Alpha, Bravo etc. missions gets marked if capped by a player -then go there. And if there are not many players on, you can guess what missions they will do, usually "high-end missions" like military vehicle and so on. When the playernumbers are low, you actually have a chanse to "win", not the endless die-respawn-reloot-die-respawn cycle.

1 person likes this

Totally agree with last two posts and a few of us are really enjoying it! Dangerous stuff with AI and even a few players, if I wanted CoD levels of frag/spawn/frag etc I would go play CoD :)

The hype was real prior to launch, and Its a damn shame that the pop isn't higher after all the brilliant work that has been put down in getting this server up. It's a beautiful, clean map compared to other Esseker servers with great custom content.

I honestly think the sinking vehicle thing as has been pointed out before is having a big effect. It's what put me and a few more from our group off playing there as it simply wasn't enjoyable. I feel a bit guilty being one who voted Esseker when EXO asked for community feedback on what map we wanted but I wasn't aware of this map specific issue until someone mentioned it in one of the development teaser threads as I hadn't driven a vehicle when checking the map out.

I sincerely hope the map creator Hallifax got in touch with is able to fix it. If you need players to help test map performance since the problem seems to happen when the server is busy I suggest admins ask in Chernarus global chat and on the forums.

1 person likes this

Wrong map choice, it should have been tanoa.

4 people like this

42 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Would recommend going back a bit and looking at the post Cuddles made when they first decided to open another server, the community wanted Esseker, so there was no right or wrong choice.

Maybe Tanoa would've done better, who knows.

1 minute ago, Chels said:

Would recommend going back a bit and looking at the post Cuddles made when they first decided to open another server, the community wanted Esseker, so there was no right or wrong choice.

Maybe Tanoa would've done better, who knows.

I understand that, but at some point someone should have stepped in and said "This map isn't even finished, It has some serious problems", lets think of another.

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

I understand that, but at some point someone should have stepped in and said "This map isn't even finished, It has some serious problems", lets think of another.

Maybe, but instead the team worked their asses off to try and improve the map as much as they could so that they were able to give the community the best version of Esseker possible.
Credit where it's due, it took a lot of time and effort to work on Esseker to try and give the community what they wanted.

6 minutes ago, Chels said:

Maybe, but instead the team worked their asses off to try and improve the map as much as they could so that they were able to give the community the best version of Esseker possible.
Credit where it's due, it took a lot of time and effort to work on Esseker to try and give the community what they wanted.

Nobody here is taking any work they do for granted, i don't see what that has to do with what i said? You know I'm talking about the map and not the content EXO push onto that map? Just so you're not confused, I'm about the least person who would take what they do for granted.

Edited by Rusty

Just now, Rusty said:

i don't see what that has to do with what i said?

'someone should have stepped in and said "This map isn't even finished, It has some serious problems", lets think of another.'
Instead of doing that and ignoring the community they worked their asses off to fix Esseker to the best of their ability to try and make the players happy :)

Just now, Chels said:

'someone should have stepped in and said "This map isn't even finished, It has some serious problems", lets think of another.'
Instead of doing that and ignoring the community they worked their asses off to fix Esseker to the best of their ability to try and make the players happy :)

You're still not getting it, Sorry for being disgusting, but to simplfy it, a polished turd, is still a turd, and until the actual map creator fixes his map and completes it, then it will always wont be "finished" and with "serious" problems. Nobody here is slating the effort put in.

I want to step in here with saying that BFC is selling this turd for many months now.(Esseker)

This is including the sinking bug and excluding the custom content/missions/scripts that exo runs.

And they are kicking ass running it as well(Nr3 Exile server) so dont really see your point rusty.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, ACAB said:

I want to step in here with saying that BFC is selling this turd for many months now.(Esseker)

This is including the sinking bug and excluding the custom content/missions/scripts that exo runs.

And they are kicking ass running it as well(Nr3 Exile server) so dont really see your point rusty.

But with better content, more work spent on removing bushes and alll the jazz and hard work people put in, this one still sits empty. I know it is new, and i spend as much time as i can idling on it, or playing. The map is broken, it has problems, it puts people off, what's not to get about that? It's pretty evident that EXO players from chernarus tried it, didn't like it due to the vehicle bug (which i don't really mind), and then migrated back to their prefered choice.

I like playing on Essker. But players that don't like being inconvienenced, wont like having to wait 10-15 mins for a vehicle to unstick out the ground. I can see that annoying people greatly, but as i said, i don't mind that much.

Edited by Rusty

I been playing a lot on the Esseker server for the last week and 'sinking vehicle of doom' has only happened twice and sorts itself out pretty quickly to be honest. 

There are more annoying bugs than that if you ask me -

Disappearing inventory items 

As above with Lone Wolf storage

Exploding trucks in safe zone (we lost some 20-30k worth of stuff in early days to that one)

Few more but nothing that has put me off to date, I really like the map to be honest, having played on Tanoa, I think performance issues would have been more of an issue.

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

There's a reason Tanoa on EXO died

2 people like this

Just now, Hedgehog said:

There's a reason Tanoa on EXO died

A lot more people have the DLC now.

30 minutes ago, Garett Miller said:

I

Exploding trucks in safe zone (we lost some 20-30k worth of stuff in early days to that one)

That sometimes happen if you park it very close to another object during a restart

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

A lot more people have the DLC now.

It did have awful FPS compared to chernarus though

2 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

It did have awful FPS compared to chernarus though

Yes, but again most modern computers play it now, even my dinosaur plays it okay, while recording.

I really like Essekers FPS. Even when it was populated it was nice.

Edited by Rusty
1 person likes this